Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is Spring almost here?


We'll tomorrow it's supposed to be 64 degrees. I've been stuck all week on the trainer and can't wait for a long ride outdoors tomorrow.

Here's a picture of my son and me on the trainers. I put him on my very first trainer (I believe it's called a specialized 4000). My grandma bought it for me back when I was 15 and just getting into racing. I definitely like my Cycleops better. As you can see, he's on a mnt bike and he about wore all the knobbies off in one trainer ride.

We're going down to Phoenix this weekend for another mountain bike race. It looks like it's going to be a family thing. My wife is going to race sport (mtn bikes are her thing), my boys (8 and 5 are racing juniors, and me, I'm going to race beginner (I'm not a mtn biker). My goal will be to finish with all my skin intact. I'm like the Tyler Hamilton of mountain bikes. If there's a crash, you can pretty much be sure it will involve me.

I'm still on track with my training. I seem to be holding at 169#, but intend on hitting a more strict diet as of March 1. I'd love to be at 160 by the Ironhorse. I'm going to continue working on my base miles with long slow rides with high cadence. The first part of March, I'll start with the build portion of the workout plan. I'm getting a little nervous about my goal of 2:45:00 at the Ironhorse. It may be way beyond my capabilities but what the heck, it's worth a shot.

Boz @ pedal or die kicked some butt this last weekend. He's been training like crazy and deserves the awesome finish. Read his blog, it sounds like an interesting race. Not to mention he doesn't forget to give the Glory to God at the end. Good job Boz.

Well I'm sorry for the delay in writing this week, we've been hammered at work. I guess that's a good thing but man I'm worn out. I'll try to be sure and write more this week.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Boz said...

Thanks for the positive comments Rusty. God gave me the tools and talents, I am thankful I could glorify him in return. Good luck in your first race. You'll do fine! Remember, when you're suffering, so it everyone else. Dig deep and keep the pressure on.