Monday, February 4, 2008

More Snow!!!!



Wow we got hammered again. It's snowing like it used to. I think most businesses closed early today to ensure their employees could make it home. It looks like this week will be spent on the trainer. I'm going down to the valley this weekend to ride the Laveen Country Challenge. It's not a race but a chance to ride with a big group of other cyclists as well as a chance to get some sun. The town of Laveen puts on a nice little bar-b-que afterwards as well.
My diet went by the wayside this weekend. The Superbowl is no time to stick to a diet. It would just be too much torture. My wife makes some awesome snack foods and I being the good husband that I am was definitely not going to turn them down. I've got back on track though today. I got in an hour and 10 minutes on the trainer tonight and plan to ride most of the week.
Speaking of the Superbowl, I hope everyone was going for the Giants. After all, the "other team" was busted for cheating early in the season. And what happened........NOTHING!!!! You get busted one time for cheating as a cyclist and you are automatically banned from racing for 2 years. When are the pro football and baseball organizations going to step up and hold someone accountable? I hate myself for wanting to watch both of these sports. As long a people continue to pay big money to watch these games, nothing is going to change. So I guess..........Nothing is going to change.

I had my thyroid levels checked today and my TSH was low (this means I'm Hyperthyroid). My usual dose has been 6 days of 125mcg and 1 day at 137 mcg. A couple of weeks I did two days of the 137mcg. I think this is what sent me overboard. I feel good, just a little shaky but it can be damaging to your health if you remain hyperthyroid. I'm going to go another month on the original dose of 1x137 and 6x125 and then retest. I'm hoping this will take me back down to normal.

I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks for reading.




1 comment:

Boz said...

I don't know how you deal with all that snow? Wait, I guess the trade off is the beautiful summers! Now, I'm envious. Good writing.