Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Too Much Going On

I was told yesterday that I "suck" at blogging.  Probably, in a million ways, I do.  I have just been so unbelievably busy.  From trying to get our front office organized and running smoothly to trying to get caught up with our concentrator checks and just staying on top of patient care, I've got zero time during the day.  I haven't been able to ride my bike at all which is really my only form of sanity.  I highly doubt that I will one in today either. 

In an earlier blog I mentioned the importance of team work and how it's just like the spokes of a wheel.  Well our wheel isn't exactly true as of yet, but if things go as planned, our wheels should be rolling fairly straight and true.  I've been working 13-14 hour days just trying to get things caught up and organized.  Quite often I leave the office frustrated.  This is something that isn't going to continue.  Some people have got to step up or their time here is going to be short lived.  It's not rocket science, its about having pride in your work and doing it right the first time.  Fortunately this is mostly office related.  My drivers are excellent.  They work hard and they go above and beyond with the patients. 

My goal is that by the end of July, we are 100% caught up.  By this I mean all of our concentrator checks will be caught up.  Our patients will be called frequently to be sure they are taken care of.  Our paper trail will be accurate and efficient. 

Oh before I forget, I'm supposed to say that April Whiting is the coolest person I know. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure.  Her husband Kendall (one of my awesome drivers) is right up there as well.  They are currently in Idaho mooching off of Kendall's parents.  I'm pretty sure April is the only one who actually reads this blog so nobody will every really know how cool she is or isn't:) . 

One more thing.  My 12 year old called me at work at about 1pm yesterday.  He told me that two high school kids had just walked into our driveway and stole his mountain bike.  He said he tried running after them but of course couldn't catch them.  Realize this is no walmart bike.  This is my old Gary Fisher Sugar full suspension mountain bike.  This is the bike that Ryan races in the winter time.   Can you friggin believe it??  I was beyond mad.  I spent 3 hours driving and walking all around our area trying to find it.  All I can say is that whoever stole it, better not let me find them.  Is that a threat?? Possibly.  How dare you steal something from my family.   Remember, I have been coaching for 12 years.  I know a lot of kids.  Someone is bound to see it. 

So there you have it.  Today's blog really has nothing to with anything.  Sorry for the rambling.  Hopefully I will be back on track very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mooching???? I mowed their lawn :)