Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back on Track

It's been a really good week so far.  I'm finally starting to see daylight at the end of this pile of charts on my desk.  We've been going through a lot of changes and I think were close to being where we really want to be.  Patients are getting called more often, paperwork is almost caught up (it will never be totally caught up), and deliveries are being made timely and accurately.  Considering we are one guy short and really busy, I'm very satisfied.  I'm hoping soon to put these 14 hour days behind me.   Thanks goes out to all my drivers who have really stepped up.  Couldn't do it without you.

I've had several people ask me when I'm going to do another weight loss challenge.  I'm not quite sure yet.  I too could use the motivation.  With my lousy back pain, I've only been able to ride maybe once or twice a week.  It's so frustrating, especially now that the Tour De France is on.  I want to ride so bad, but I pay dearly for the next few days every time I ride.  I had dinner with a good friend last week who lives to work out.  When I say work out, I don't just mean riding a bike.  The guy hits the gym every day, he's 50 years old and his biceps are the size of my thighs.  Well needless to say it motivated me a little to get my butt in gear.  I have no plans to have 18 inch arms but I would love to feel good about myself when looking in the mirror.  So in typical Rusty fashion, I've hit the ground running.  Several months ago I bought the Insanity workout program.  On top of that, for several years I've had the P90X workouts.   So here's my goal.  For the next 60 days I'm doing "two a days".  I'm doing the Insanity workout in the morning then the P90X workout in the evening.  Plus I'm trying to ride my bike to work 3 days a week.  Overall it's only about 2 hours of total workout time so it's not bad.  Today is my 3rd day and other than being really sore (I walk like a 80 year old man) I feel really good.  I'm not tired at all like I thought I'd be.  To keep my back (actually it's my pelvis) from giving me fits, I have to stretch a ton during the day but in the end it will be worth it. 

I saw a float in the 4th of July parade this weekend that was the Show Low High Class of 91.  I don't want to sound mean, but these guys looked old!!!  Some of the girls looked a bit younger but the guys looked old and very very out of shape.  I graduated in 89.  I do not want to look like those guys did.  Why do we let our bodies and our fitness go to crap as we get older.   It's become the norm to be a little on the heavy side.  The American diet along with our work schedules have caused us to be a chubby society.  I don't want to be part of the norm.  This is something I always struggle with, but hope to beat in the end.  Like I've mentioned before, it's got to be a lifestyle change, not just something temporary.  If you walk every morning, you should miss walking when your unable to do it.  Enjoy it!! Make it fun.  Throw some jogging in there or some other exercises.  Anything is better than nothing. 

Gotta get back to work.  Have a great day..

No comments: