Sunday, December 30, 2012

Write Down Those Goals!!!!

The countdown has begun (is begun a word?).  Are you ready for the new year yet?  Have you written down your resolutions/goals yet?  Remember, they are really only a thought until you put them down on paper.   I think I mentioned this already, but I'm really looking forward to 2013.  On just about every level possible, I'm anxious for a good year.  It's going to be a year of new challenges, personal growth, more valued family time, company growth, etc.   Over the next few months you will understand why I'm looking so forward to this next year.  2012 was a tough year, but it ended on the best note possible.  This blog is probably going to be more personal then it ever has been.   I've got lots to share and in due time will share with you as much as I can.   I think I've learned more about myself in the past two months then I have my entire life.  As always, this blog will rarely be about business, but I hope to be able to share some things that many of you can relate to.

I've already received several entries for the Weight Loss Challenge.  I have no idea what to expect the first time I get on the scale.  I've been eating a lot of food and a lot of crappy food on top of that.  For the first time in the history of the challenge, I'm going to team up with my wife this year.  We both love to cook so we've decided to work together to cook up some healthy meals for the family.  Our other goal will be to rarely if ever, eat dinner after 6 p.m.  Late dinners and late night snacks are what destroy a diet.   My old cycling coach used to always say, eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and peasant for dinner.  So my actual plan is going to be to eat a small to moderate breakfast (I've never been a bfast eater), a good lunch, and a small dinner.  My goal is to stay around 1200 calories with the majority of it being protein.   I will post a list of those who have signed up already and do my best to update it daily.   I realize many of you will have weight loss as one of your resolutions. If you don't want to wait until the7th to start the actual challenge, send me your current weight and get started on the 1st.  Your starting weight will be your initial weight on your entry form.  

So, between now and New Year's Eve, take a seat and write down your goals for the year.  Then write down some strategies on how your going to reach each goal.  Make the strategies as detailed as possible.  Once 2013 is here, it's time to kick some butt.  If you have a down day, don't let it ruin your entire plan.  Just start again the next day.  We all stumble, it's getting back up that makes the difference.

It's getting late and I still have a ton of paperwork to do.  Hope you all have a super day tomorrow (New Year's Eve).  



PS:  After finishing this post, I came across this article  (Don't set goals for 2013).   No matter what this guy says, I'm a fan of setting goals.   I think the majority of successful people would agree, especially when they are personal goals.   I"ll leave it up to you, but like I said, a goal not written down, is merely a dream in your mind.  Write it down and put your strategies into action. 

No comments: