Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter,Winter,Winter

Sorry for the delay in writing. I've started writing several times but after reading what I wrote, I ask myself, "what the heck did I just say". It's been a crazy week, both at work and with the darn weather.

First, it dumped rain Sunday and Monday. So much that our town had quite a few flooding problems. The lake by our house went over the spillway which is absolutely beautiful. When you live here, it's easy to take for granted the beauty of the area. Were blessed to have all four seasons as well as the scenery to go with it. Here's a picture of my son looking over the spill way:


A few more pictures of the lake. Definitely looks like a gloomy day. Just wait, the day is young.



This morning the weather report said, "30% chance of snow with no accumulation", so I was hoping to maybe get a short ride in. Well when I looked out the window at about 1pm this is what it looked like:On top of the weather, I've just been slammed at work. It's easily going to be a 60 hour week. I usually don't get home until around seven, I help my boys with homework, ride the trainer for whatever amount of time I can stand, then try to spend a little time with my wife before going to bed and starting over again the next day. The joys of owning your own business. It definitely has it's ups and downs.

The diet is still going well, but I seem to be stuck at 172lbs. With regards to the Weightloss challenge, "Big and Beautiful" is going to make sure it's tight race. She's currently lost 9 lbs and we're only 30 days into the challenge. That is so awesome. Dieting is not an easy task and she is kicking some major butt.

Before I go, I have to mention Doug from Minnesota. Last year I think he commuted to work everyday but 5 days. That is truly impressive. I saw the weather report for Deluth this morning and it said -40 degree windchill. After frequenting Doug's Blog, I had to email him to see if he rode to work today. He replied that his office was closed due to the severe windchill temp, but (and get this) he still got in a short ride and said it wasn't too bad. Now when you want to use the weather for an excuse not to ride, just think of Doug in Minnesota. We've got nothing on him here in Arizona.

That's about it for now. Thanks for reading.


No comments: