Monday, July 7, 2008

The Latest

Just checking in with an update. My back is probably the biggest issue right now. The doctor wants me to stay off the bike until they do an MRI. He wants to see if its an actual disc problem or a piriformis issue. I'm hoping of course for the latter. I've been doing a ton of stretching as well as rolling around on a baseball in hopes of relaxing some of my butt and lower back muscles. It's been helping (I think) but sitting for any amount of time brings all the pain back. I bought one of those Knee Chairs for my office and it really helps. I had a smaller problem like this last year and time off the bike as well as chiropractor visits cured the problem. I don't mind taking time off the bike but I have signed up for the Colorado Rocky Mountain Tour in August so I'm praying to be ok for that. I'm hoping to have the MRI this week so I can get on with the proper treatment. Either way, I have the option of steroid injections to get the inflammation down, but the idea of steroids scares me a bit. Long term side effects are soft issue damage. I don't want a temporary fix and have to pay for it later.



Bible Study

We just started a small group last week. We're going to be going through the book "Experiencing God". It's a group of 4 couples that we know pretty well so I'm hoping we can all be fairly open when it comes to discussion. I've never felt content with my "Christian" walk. There's times that I really don't even know what I believe. Don't get me wrong, I believe whole heartedly (is that a word) in God. I just don't know all the time what he expects of us. I'm sure we let him down on a daily basis. Another goal of mine with the study is to become more of a spiritual leader with my family. My wife is an unbelievable person (that's why I married her). She's the most honest and sincere person I've ever met. She knows in her heart what she believes. I guess my goal would be to be as secure and confident in my beliefs.

I just found out that my MRI is on Wednesday evening. I hope and pray for the best. I've been home with my boys all day working from the computer. My wife went to Phoenix to refill our oxygen tanks for work. It gives her some alone time and also some time to visit some friends in the valley.

Pretty boring I know, but that's about all that's happening right now. Have a good week.


No comments: