Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Rambling

Sorry for the delay in posting. I really have no excuse except for just having lots going on at work. We've been trying to reorganize the business so that we run the business and it's not running us. I think were on the right track but it's going to take a while. Also, Medicare is requiring that all DME (durable medical equipment) providers be accredidated by September 09'. This is all fine and dandy but it takes away from the real priority which is patient care.
It's exhausting trying to keep myself and all the employees on the right track, all the while keeping the morale high. I'm learning quickly that when you are the owner, the employees don't always like you. Though, I think I've got a pretty good relationship with all of them. To be honest, I'm blessed with the people I work with. They all seem to put the patient first and business second. This is what I want. I don't ever want it to be about quota's to meet as I hear all the other big corporate guys dwell on. I get so frustrated with the whole dog eat dog world.

I was a farrier for 12 years before I started this and that is one thing I truly miss, the comaraderie. Most of us were all out there willing to help the next guy or the new guy. It was one of those "what comes around goes around". And in fact, it always did come around. It was common knowledge that you never bad mouthed another farriers work. In the end, the client, if they knew about horses, would see the difference in work and knowledge.

Are you sick of the elections yet? My goal is going to be to not watch the news until after November 4. I'm so sick of hearing everyone bash everyone else. What's pathetic is that we as American citizens have to sit back and listen to it all, then have to watch whoever wins, go back on every one of his/her promises. The typical American middle class citizen is certain to be screwed by whoever is elected. Crappy attitude I know, but dang it gets so old. Ok, I'll get off my high horse. I'll talk about it again November 5. Actually if it's like the years past, we won't know who won for a week or two.

I'm done complaining, see ya.

No comments: