Monday, September 14, 2009

Good Weekend

It was a good weekend. I was on call on Saturday and had one Oxygen set up. The patient was such a sweet heart. It's people like this that make your weekends on call worth it.

We're going to start filling our own oxygen tanks this week. This is going to be huge for us. For the last few years, we've had to schedule a trip to Phoenix about once a week. With accreditation and everything else going on, it's been quite the battle trying to get all our ducks in a row. When a company fills their own tanks, there's a tedious process of paper work you have to go through to become certified by the FDA. We have found that working with the federal government is a slow and painful process. In the end it will all be worth it. More convenient for us and better service for our patients.

On another note, we had thought we were losing our office manager. She is not only a very valuable member of our team here, but I can't imagine working in the office without her. She's got a one year old little boy that up until recently it had been fine that he came to the office everyday. As he's gotten bigger, he's grown a little tired of the place (understandably). I think it's difficult for any mother to have to take their first born to a daycare. Two weeks ago, she had told me that we should probably start looking for someone else. So we did. We actually found someone, but right now nobody is going to compare.

Last Thursday she came to me (with tears) and said she was worried she had made a mistake. She loves her job and she knows she's very good at it. So we came up with something that would hopefully work for everyone. She'll bring her little boy in the mornings so that he can nap here at the office. After his nap, he'll go to a local day care for the afternoon. I'm also giving her Wednesdays off if she wants.

When I started this place, I wanted it to be family oriented. We all have kids and I think it's important that family comes first. So far no one seems to abuse the privledge. We've got a group of people here and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, it's Monday so I better get back to work. Have a Great Day.

No comments: