Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Week

It's been a good week so far. Work has been busy but that's good. I was getting too chubby so I've been doing more cardio workouts as well as my usual ab workout. I've also been trying to cut way back on the sugars. This is not an easy thing to do, as I love my sweets. I quit coffee (again) and have had no more of my wonderful Chai Tea's this week.

We've got our Fill Plant up and running (what we use to fill our own tanks). Wow, what a time and money saver. It's going to be a great thing.

I'm going to Holbrook today to watch my 10 year old run in his last cross country race. He's been doing very well. So far he's consistently in the top 3 of his school and the top ten and all his races. He's really impressed me this year. Not only with running but with his work ethic at school as well. He's usually got about 2 hours of homework every night and he just sits down and busts it all out. Way more motivation than I ever had at 10 years old.

I saw a horrible tragedy on the news yesterday. Two teenage brothers were killed on their way to school. They were driving an estimated 90mph in a small volkswagon when they broadsided a school bus. I think we all take the smallest of moments for granted. Last night at the dinner table, I was thankful to have my wife and 3 boys sitting at the same table. I could only think of the pain the family of those two teenage boys was going through as we sat there laughing while we ate. Cherish every moment. It's something we all need to remember daily.

I better get some work done. Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments: