Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Movin Right Along

Went to Phoenix last night with my 8 year old to watch our first hockey game.  It was so cool.  We've been to a bunch of D-Back games and were definitely a baseball family but I'll take watching a hockey game live any day.  There were no dull moments.  Always something going on.  The action was awesome!

Anyway, while I was down there, my phone beeped with our first official challengers.  I am loving some of the names people are coming up with,  Skinny Me, Monkey, Big Mamma, PinkBerry, and Big Mac!!  I love it!!!  I'm looking forward to getting started.  I just found out today that my wife wants to be on a team with me.  Though I'm not allowed to win, this could get dicey.  My wife, God love her, has the motivation of a turtle and I've never ever seen her try and commit to a diet.  It could be interesting. 

Remember that as we move forward I'd like for you to send me updates as to your current weight.  Just use the mail@alphaoxymed.com address and be sure to sign it with your challenge name. I'm going to check my weight at the office tomorrow.  I bet I've gained at least ten lbs since Thanksgiving.  I'll be sure to let you all know.

I'm not sure how personal I should make this blog but for now I'll just type away whatever I'm thinking about.  Now if some of you see me at the hospital (the 39 yo guy with the "frosted" hair (midlife crisis) and delivering some sort of DME product) don't hold any of this against me. 

Typically I never (and I mean never) go without a shirt, not even at home (don't ask), but last night at the hotel, brushing my teeth before bed, in front of the mirror, and yes with no shirt on, I thought to myself "Dear God is that another roll or am I just leaning over a bit more than usual.  I've never had a six pack for abs, but for once, I would just love to see some sort of definition around my midsection.  Last year I paid a trainer to help me with my abs (therapy for my back).  We were upwards of about 500 reps of total ab work every day.  I could do crunches all day long, yet you couldn't see one ounce of muscle any where near my gut.   There was absolutely no point to all that babbling but like I said, just gonna type what I'm thinking. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the challenge.  If for anything, to see how many of you progress towards your goals.  If you feel like sharing any of your goals with me, please send me an email or comment at the end of this post.  Hope you have a good evening.  Looking forward to seeing how much snow is on the ground in the morning.  Good night.

No comments: