Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beautiful Night

I've been told numerous times that I'm horrible at keeping up with this blog. I can't really argue that point so I'm attempting for the first time to post using my phone. If this works, maybe I'll be a bit more likely to keep you all updated.
I've been promising my 12 year old all week that I would take him out on Show Low Lake at night. It took me all week to keep my promise but we finally loaded up the boat (it's a whole 12 ft long) and got on the water about 830 friday night. Fish or no fish, it was an absolutley gorgeous night. The dark star filled sky was beautiful. The water was calm but a bit eerie. We fished for a while, but I think we both enjoyed the moment more then the fishing. With the exception of being gone for college, I've lived here my entire life and had never done this before. I'm hoping soon, I'll be able to get my other 2 boys out there as well. It'll be something they will always remember.
We live in such a beautiful area. If your're like me, you most likely take it for granted. I've been doing my best lately to take it all in. The trees, the lakes, the cool crisp air at night, the sunrises and sunsets, and again, the starfilled night sky. We get to live in a place where most only get to visit a few times a year. So next time your out for your run or a bike ride, look around. Enjoy the moment. Take it all in and be thankful for what we have been given.

It's getting late so I'm gonna get ready to hit the sack. Hope this mobile thing works. I'll check my laptop in the morning to be sure it goes thru. Hope you all have a good night.
Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: