Monday, May 19, 2008

Count Down

The countdown is on for the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic. What's weird is I think I've trained more than ever before yet I'm more nervous than ever before as well.

Saturday was my last hard day. I drove over to Eagar and did the Big Lake climb 3 times. It's a 7 mile climb so I got in 21 miles of climbing and 42 miles of total riding. It takes about 45 minutes to get up so I'm happy with that. I've been having problems with my back though. It causes my left leg to tire quickly and starts feeling a bit numb. It's sort of like a sciatic type of pain and may be, but it's a little bothersome. I'm hoping by taking it easy this week and with lots of stretching, it will be better by Saturday.

I'm also doing another no no. I ordered a new supplement that I've yet to try and will try and use it during the race. It's the Hammer Nutrition product called Race Caps Supreme. Since having by thyroid destroyed, I've never felt like I've had the legs I used to have. I'm not sure if the two are related but I'm willing to try the Caps in hopes of feeling a difference. They should arrive Wednesday, so I'll have 3 days to see how they make me feel. We'll see.

The weather is supposed to be cool which will be nice. Silverton is supposed to see a chance of snow on Thursday. We've been snowed on twice during this race and it is not fun. Very cold. I'm hoping the warm front will take over by Saturday. I guess the descent into Silverton is pretty trashed from the harsh winter. Snow plows have a nice way of putting huge holes in the road. It has been bumpy every year but I guess this year it is even worse. I'm not a fan of descending at 50 mph especially on a rough road. I'm going to try and ride the descent on Friday just to see how it is. Nothing is worth crashing though. The uphill will be hard and the downhill will be cautious. There will be lots of prayer between now and then.

Thanks for Reading

No comments: