Monday, November 17, 2008

Frustrated

Well I'm 72 hours post my second cortisone injection and not feeling any better at all. In fact, parts of the day I feel worse. It's a little frustrating but I'm holding on to the idea that the cortisone is still trying to work. My doctor and physical therapist think I'm dealing with two different problems. First, and primarily is the disc problem that is causing my back muscles to spasm and the sciatic pain to worsen. Second, is the rotational tilt of my pelvis. They believe my pelvis is rotated posteriorly which is causing my impingement on the nerves of my back. The fix for this is going to take a little more time, but it was going to be almost impossible to fix if I didn't relieve the disc pressure first. So now I'm believing it's going to take a lot of ab and hamstring work. I ordered the book "treat your own back" by a Dr. McKenzie. I've heard great things about it so I'm hoping the ideas presented in the book will help as well.

My legs are getting so scrawny from being off the bike. I'm going to start riding a few days a week with light spinning only while incorporating all the other exercises. It's getting cold outside so I may just be stuck riding the trainer. Right now I'll take anything.

No comments: