Monday, November 24, 2008

Slow Come Back (I hope)

It was a good weekend. On Saturday, I spent most of the day riding bikes around with my oldest son. We cruised all over the place. We're fortunate to live by a beautiful lake so when we weren't pedaling, we were hiking. I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I got back. I was exhausted. I believe I was in bed by 8:30. I had a blast though.

Then on Sunday, I wiped the dust off the road bike and went for an hour ride. I loved it. I looked like a little kid on a new schwinn. I was smiling the whole time. On the first climb out of town my heart rate hit 185bpm. I can't even hit that high when I'm in shape but it felt good. My back is far from better but I'm just going to focus on the rehab and ride a few days a week.

I think the biggest factor will be not sitting at my desk so much. We'll see how that works. I'm excited to hopefully be on the mend.

1 comment:

Sorelegs said...

huzzah! Back on the bike! Nothing like the feeling of the wind in your face. I am stoked for you, keep up all the other work and get that back healthy. I think I am going to be able to get on my spin bike within a week or two and I can hardly wait.