Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Time to Vote

This is definitely not a blog on politics and I'm not going to say who I voted for but I heard this explanation the other day and got a big kick out of it.

A fourth grade little girl works super hard on her bookreport while two boys in the same class don't work hard at all. The little girl works effortlessly to get all the puncuation and spelling correct. The two boys however just write a bunch of gobbly gook just to be able to hand in a paper.

As the three children hand in their papers, they wait patiently for their grades. The little girl gets her paper back and finds that her "A" has been crossed out and replaced with a "C". The two boys are happy to see that their "D"s have been crossed out and replaced with a "C" as well. The little girl raises her hand and asks why she received a C.

The teacher told her that he had taken her A, spread it out among the others so that everyone averaged a C.

Does this sound familiar???
Don't get me wrong. I can see both sides of the aisle, but this is one area I have issues with. Another problem I have is instead of cutting all the pork out of these bills in order to balance the budget, their only answer is to raise taxes.

Even better, to pay for some outrageous health care plan, what do they cut???? Medicare!!!! How in the world does that make sense?

I won't babble on, but I'm not sure the country will be better no matter who wins today. I guess we should be happy to live in the country that we do.

What's amazing is we know most of our politicians are out for themselves and most are already fairly rich. What's pathetic is that it's us that vote them into this position of power.
It's crazy.

1 comment:

Sorelegs said...

Hey Pedaldork,
Just went back and read through your last month of so of posts to catch up. Sorry your back is hurting. Injuries are a real drag when the keep you off the bike, you know I know that! Hope the drugs work well.
As for the election: fear not, it is going to be a good 4 years.