Monday, October 31, 2011

Good Morning

I've been working on a few different posts, but have yet to finish any of them.  I always feel guilty when I sit down to blog a little as I have so many other things that I should be working on. 
It was a pretty uneventful weekend.  Being that the weather was so nice, on Sunday my boys and I went for a few mountain bike rides.  Can't beat the quality time with the kids.  Ryan (my 12yo) and I  went up to the Country Club trail head and did three laps which I believe comes out to about 10.5 miles.  Our goal was to complete 5 laps, but after lap 2 Ryan's butt was starting to get a little sore.  So I told him that if he gave it everything he had for one more lap (he was sandbagging the first 2 laps) we would call it good after 3 laps.   Well what a surprise!!  This kid went to town on his dad.  With the exception of the few technical parts, Ryan hauled some major butt.  He is in a lot better shape than I thought he was.  I better make the most of this time, in a few years he will be leaving dad in the dust. 

After about 2 hours of riding with Ryan, as soon as I got home, Coby (my 9yo) wanted to go for a ride.  So I loaded up Coby's bike and we heading over to the Mogollon Rim overlook.  We did a few laps there and luckily Coby said that was good.  I was wore out.  This is truly something I need to do more often.  I really enjoy the one on one time with the kids.  Soon maybe I'll get little Keevan out there (he's almost 3):) .

Work has been going really well.  I'm really busy trying to get ready for accreditation.  I believe I've mentioned before, but we've switched accreditation agencies so I'm having to go back and review all of our policies and procedures so that they are in line with the new standards.  Very very time consuming.  The rest of the crew are taking care of day to day operations.  Speaking of the crew, in the last few weeks, I've had more cards sent and more phone calls telling me how much they appreciate what we do.  It's incredible how many people take the time to call or write a note.  It's awesome to see that the hard work everyone puts in is seen and felt by many.  I've been trying to think of a good way to show my thanks, but right now I'm still undecided on how to do it.

Well it's time to get back to work on policies.  Hope you all have a super day.

No comments: