Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm still here.

Ok sorry it's been a while. Lots going on but really not much to talk about.
We'll start with my weight loss progress. Uhhhh there is none!! I can't believe it. I've been eating unbelievably good and I haven't lost a pound. I've been working out at the gym every day so I could use the old excuse of "muscle weighs more than fat" but I'm not even gonna go there. Today was the 2nd time in 2 weeks that I weighed myself only to find myself frustrated with the darn scale. I spoke with the physiologist today (this guy is a muscle physiologist and his knowledge is incredible) and told him I was having no luck with losing any weight. He knew that I had my gallbladder removed 2 yrs ago and asked if I was taking any supplements to make up for having no gallbladder (no gallbladder means no bile storage, and no bile storage means minimal break down of fats). Apparently this is a bad thing. So he recommended some supplements and said they should help with the fat breakdown. I sure hope so because I'm about to take a baseball bat to this scale.
Work has been good. Minus the politics of medicare and regulations, things are really good. I must say that running this company has taught me a lot about myself and others. It's forced me to step out of my comfort zone and step up as a leader. Delegating is something I've really had to work on. I'm realizing that I can't do it all. With accreditation coming up, all my focus is on policies and compliance. One thing that makes it all easier is the team I have now. Everyone is exceptional at taking on more tasks. Something else I've had to learn is the ability to seperate friendship from work. I would consider every employee of AOM a very good friend and I would do anything in the world for each one one of them. When things aren't going how I like them to , it's tough to bring it up, but over time I have realized that it's nothing personal. Sometimes I just have to put the interest of the company first. So far nobody has taken anything personal but instead learned from the experience.
I've got more to say about work but it's gonna have to wait till the football game is over.
So I'm going to go for now. Hope you all have a great night.
Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hail great Biology major....bile is produced in the liver :)

Pedaldork said...

No really??? I thought it was made in the hypothalamus:). Made in the liver yet stored in the gallbladder. Ya see, I did pay attention in A & P!!

Anonymous said...

"no gallbladder means no bile production, and no bile production means no break down of fats in the body" per your post

Pedaldork said...

Hmmm. Where does it say that at?? Be sure to refresh your page:)