Thursday, November 3, 2011

Brrr it's cold

I started off today with a 6 am bike ride with Ben.  It was a balmy 21 degrees when I left my house.  Crazy as it may sound, I really enjoyed the ride.  I dressed almost perfectly and with the exception of my toes, I stayed just warm enough to be comfortable.  Ben on the other hand, showed up in shorts and these wimpy little gloves. The guy is a friggin attorney, and one of the best friends I could ever ask for, but he's too much of a tight wad to spend money on some warm cycling clothes.  Maybe if he gets cold enough, it's motivate him to spend a little.

I'm home today with Keevan (my 3 yo) and should be working on my policies and procedures.  It's 1pm and I'm just now sitting down at the computer.  Some days I'm just not motivated to sit at a desk.  Even after I'm done posting this little update, I'm not so sure I've convinced myself to get any work done (though I have done 3 loads of laundry so far:) ,,,I'm going for that husband of the year award thing........Not!!!!

My makeshift desk (it'll be an official home office one day) at the moment allows me to see our entire back  yard and instead of realizing how nice it is, I'm sitting here realizing how much work needs to be done back there.  The only nice thing I'm looking at is a huge tree house that my dad and father in law built for my kids one Christmas.  Other than that and two huge pine trees (which hold up the big tree house) there's not a whole lot to sit and enjoy this time of year, leaves and pine needles everywhere. 

I must say, that when I can look past all the paper work I should be doing right now, I really enjoy my time at home with Keev.  He's such a fun little guy.  This morning we headed down to the bike shop to pick up a few tubes and some more warm clothes.  Todd has a little playroom in the back for his kids and apparently Keevan spends so much time at the shop he made himself right at home and headed straight for the play room.  Not 30 seconds later, here he comes with a little stroller full of stuffed animals telling me that Elmo was hungry and that he was going to cook him some lunch.  Gotta love the innocence of a child. 

I have no idea how many people read this blog anymore.  I've looked at the stats and see that some of you poor souls still torture yourselves with this boring material, but the stats tell me nothing about where all these readers reside.  If you work at the hospital or one of the doctors offices we service, I'm letting you know now that were going to have another weight loss challenge after the holidays.  Lord knows I need the motivation.  One cool thing that I'm going to try and offer during the challenge is a workout time in the mornings.  What I mean by that, is the owners of the building where Alpha Oxy-Med is, have agreed to let me rent a smaller suite for the winter.  I'm going to put a flat screen TV in there and try to offer either  P90x or Insanity in the mornings.  I'm not sure if I can make this happen, but I'm going to give it a shot. 

I've got so many things that I want to do, I just don't have the time (or make the time) to sit down and do them.  One thing that we have done every year during the holidays is provide 5-6 meals for families that just don't have the money to have a good Thanksgiving dinner.  If you know of anyone in either the Pinetop Show Low area, the Snowflake Taylor area, or the Eagar St. Johns area, please  send me an email with their name, address, and phone number and I'll do my best to make sure we make their holiday a little more joyous. 

Well I guess I better get back to work (or start some work) or maybe throw in another load of laundry.  Maybe I'll just go play cars with Keevan:).  Anyway, hope you all have a great day.  Stay warm,  It's supposed to snow tomorrow. 

No comments: