Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring has Sprung


I'm hoping and praying that Spring is finally here. I got in a ride this morning at 6:30 and although tights, earwarmers and a jacket were still part of the attire, by the time I got home it was gorgeous out. I believe were supposed to hit 70 degrees today.
Like the rest of the working world, I'm stuck in my office most of the day. I venture out every couple of hours just to enjoy the sun a little. My entire staff is on vacation this week so I'm having to do triple duty. The joy of being self-employed, when spring break comes, everyone takes a break but me. Even my wife and boys are leaving for a few days. I'm actually off this weekend but little league tryouts are on Saturday so I have to stay in town.
Speaking of little league......I think I'm busy now trying to juggle work, family, and riding. Little League takes away what little bit of extra time I've got . I'm going on my 9th year of coaching and like everything else, once I get started I have a blast but until then I dread the extra work.
The little kids are great to be around. When I'm with them on the ball field, the stresses of work just seem to go away, at least for a little while. Even with the time restraints though, as I look back on the years spent with different kids and everything I learn from them, I wouldn't change a thing.
I guess that's about it for now. Please remember to keep Spencer in your prayers.
Thanks for reading

No comments: