Thursday, March 20, 2008

What Matters

I've been keeping up with the happenings of Spencer (the puddin cyclist) and everytime he writes, he always opens a place in my heart and my mind. I take what he is going through to heart and like I've mentioned before, I try to make the most out of other peoples experiences.
Right now I'm pretty healthy (minus this cold I can't seem to get rid of). For about a year though I was sick and they had no idea what was wrong with me. Thank God it only ended up being my thyroid but I remember the long nights sitting in the recliner, tears in my eyes just begging God to make me healthy again. It was a very miserable time. Time that I can't get back.

I'm always thinking to myself what would I do differently today if I was told I only had a month or two to live. I know for a fact I wouldn't take life so seriously. Why do so many of us take This LIFE for granted?? Everyday has been a new day of learning for me. I'm trying so hard to focus on the important things. The things that really matter. Family, Friends, Fun, Etc. I have found that while trying to keep this perspective, it made other parts of my life more enticing. I'm actually enjoying work again. I'm still putting in 50-60 hours a week but somehow I'm making more time with my family as well. I'm learning to cherish my time with my friends too. Chris (Super Good Friend) came by with his Wife and new little girl a couple of weeks ago and I really relished the moment I had with them. Their daughter is just so adorable. What is totally awesome is that I'm seeing a side of Chris that only a child of his own could bring out. They currently live in valley so it was great to see them. We've been friends since Junior High School and I'm fortunate to have kept in touch with him. Along with Family, I'm learning to cherish these special friendships a little more.

Chris has been sort of a mentor to me as I've grown in my business. He's unbelievably smart when it comes to business stuff. He keeps me on my toes as to what I need to focus on and things I need to improve on. Having said that, he'll be happy to know that as I sit here writing this, I'm also preparing for a lunch with a 25 employee doctors office. I'm sort picky about the people we market to in that I want to work with offices who have a very good rapport with their patients. These doctors seem to be a lot more fun to work with and it also seems like it becomes more of a team effort when trying to get the best for their patients.
I bring this meeting up because normally I would be pretty nervous for something like this and for some reason I'm not. I think a lot of it has to do with what I've been trying to learn and apply to my life as I read Spencers Blog. Whether I screw up or not while I'm talking with this office, it really doesn't matter. I can honestly share my heart with them as well as why I honestly believe in our company. How can I go wrong with that. My wife has busted her butt all day preparing a lunch for 25 people and it looks awesome. It will be a good day.

I'll quit rambling for now, but whoever reads this please read Spencers Blog and learn from his experiences. Don't take today for granted. Turn the TV off. Play with your kids. Take your wife to dinner. LIFE is happening now. Don't miss it!!!

Thanks for reading

No comments: