Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Better 3 Days

Current weight: 166

The last three days have been much better. I've gotten in the rides I wanted to and have been eating much better. Today was the best ride I've had in a while. It was just a spinning ride but after 70 miles I felt really good. While the family went to church, I headed out on the bike. Normally I would feel a little guilty for some reason, today I didn't. It was a fun, no stress, no hurry long spinning ride. A little breezy but not too bad. I was amazed at how good I felt when I got home. I'm on call next weekend so even a short ride will likely be out of the question.

We had the Little League draft last night so I now have my team. It could be an interesting season. I'm not sure how many of these boys have even played baseball. It will be a true test of my patience along with my commitment to putting the kids first. I really want to make a good effort at focusing solely on teaching baseball and very little focus on winning ball games. I'm hoping that with the focus on one, the other will come.

That's about it for now. I'll weigh in the morning and see how I did for the weekend.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Boz said...

Nothing wrong about a little pedaling with God. If you're like me, you may do quite a bit of praying and thanking God for all of the beauty He puts in the world. I did a long solo ride on Saturday and was in awe! Good luck with the team. You're doing your servant duties, for sure.