Friday, April 4, 2008

Frustrated

Current Weight: 166lbs
I've got 49 days until the IronHorse and I'm falling off the wagon. Last week was Spring Break which left me alone at the office all week. That leaves me playing the role of 4 people so needless to say, I didn't get much riding in. This week has been engulfed with little league meetings and tryouts. We've been slammed at work (this is a good thing) so I haven't been able to get the riding in that I was hoping for. My diet has gone to crap for about the last week. My 8 year old and I finished with tryouts last night about 8:00 and we were both starving so we hit the closest of restaurant.......McDonalds. Did I order the semi healthy salad??? I'd love to say so, but I not only fell off the wagon, I was ran over by it. I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese and topped it off with fries. I haven't had a hamburger in 3 months!! It tasted so good!! But the guilt of eating it sort of takes away from the pleasure. For some reason, I've just really been wanting to eat. I want to snack on everything. It's driving me crazy!!

We have the little league draft on Saturday. I'm coaching a minor league team this year so its really not a draft. What they do is have the kids tryout and at this tryout each kid is ranked from a 1 to a 5 as far as ability. At the "draft" the little league board" does it's best to build teams as equal as possible by using these rankings. So in the perfect world, each team will receive the same amount of 1's, 2's, 3's and so on. This will go on until about midnight on Saturday. By Sunday morning I will know my team whereas I will call each child and let them know we start practice on Monday. Honestly, I don't think any coach practices as much as I do. For 8 weeks these kids live baseball. So for 8 weeks, my free time is almost non-existent. This is something I've got to get in check.

I've got to lose 6 lbs in 49 days. I've got to get more riding in. More long rides as well as more intervals and power workouts. I need to keep up on the paperwork at the office as well as making sure all patients/clients are taken care of. I need to enjoy little league more, meaning I need to focus on teaching baseball versus winning ball games.

So for about the next 6 weeks, I'm going to bore you to death will my daily activities. This way all two you (I'm hoping that many people read this) can hold me accountable.

On Friday mornings, my son and I go to breakfast before school, so my day so far has started off with a Blueberry Muffin and a Chai Latte. So I've had the equivalent of a whole day's sugar so far. The time starts now for me to get things in order. I'm going to get a ride in after lunch today, another before the last Tryout in the morning, and a long ride on Sunday (I'm hoping God is ok with that).

Oh by the way, Pissy and Big & Beautiful have lost a combined weight of 32 lbs. That is truly outstanding.

Thanks for Reading.

No comments: