Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update

I had hoped to start writing a little more this past week but with work, riding, and little league, I don't have much energy left by the time I get home. I'm having to ride early in the morning right now since I've got Little League practice every afternoon/evening. I left Monday morning at 6am and got in 50 miles before work. I must say, this is the best way to start a day. Starting the day with a good ride just seems to put the whole day into perspective. Tuesday and Wednesday were both 20 mile rides in the morning as well as practice in the evening. I took Thursday and Friday off from riding but still had practice. Today (Saturday) was super windy (45mph gusts) but I still managed a 60 mile (3.5 hours) ride. I wish I had brought a camera because it was a gorgeous ride. We rode down towards Whiteriver then took a newly paved road to the fish hatchery. New pavement, no cars, pinetrees, and a running stream......it doesn't get much better.

I'm still holding at 165# and have been sticking to my diet pretty well. I'll have a Chai Tea in the morning which has been my biggest weakness but other then that I've been doing pretty well. I've yet to race this year and would really like to get some time in riding in a pack before the Ironhorse. It's not looking to likely though. My first big ride is this Friday which is the Answer to the Challenge. This is more of a tour than a race but I like it as a tune up ride before Colorado. The first day is from Phoenix to Strawberry which is about 95 miles and totals I think about 9000ft of total climbing. The Tour of the Tucson Mountains could be my first test with a pack but after the Answer that leaves me with only one days rest. Tucson is still up in the air. This is my first year racing as a Cat 4 so I'd really like to see how I'd do.....I don't know, I'll wait to see how I feel on Saturday. We're doing a 2.5 hour spinning ride tomorrow then I'll start tapering down for next weekend.

We have been unbelievably busy at work. I'm hoping that the word is getting out that our customer service really is better then the big corporate companies. We bust our butts to make sure each client/patient is treated as an individual and not just another patient to fill a quota. It's a constant battle to keep up with the bigger companies but I'm proud of what we are able do for people. God has really blessed us. I often wonder why he has me doing this and I can only guess that it's our job to give back. As long as the Big Guy keeps providing for the business, we'll continue to give to those in need. I don't think there is any better feeling.

The weight loss contest is going well. I thought I would win fairly easily, but now I'm barely hanging on to third place. Pissy and Small & Beautiful are kicking some major butt. Their progress has been a good inspiration for me.

My wife heads out for a 4 day mountain bike trip to Moab on Wednesday so the boys and I will be on our own for a few days. Her parents are going to come over to help out with the kids so I won't be totally exhausted.

I guess that's about it for now. Sorry to bore you. Hopefully the posts will be more interesting as the riding season picks up here in the mtns of Arizona.

Thanks for reading

No comments: