Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just writin'

I'm really not even sure what to write about today. Work has been a bit stressful with all the new legislation. Medicare is requiring so much more crap that really has nothing to do with the quality of patient care we give. It's just a ton of paperwork. With all the fraud taking place, I can understand why they are doing it, but for us smaller companies competing against the big boys, it's just one more thing that takes time away from the patient.

I've been working on being a better owner as well. One thing that I'm learning is that employees aren't always easy to deal with. I try to be the upbeat guy around the office but some people just wear me out sometimes. I came in early this morning just to try to refocus and get a better grip on the day.

Where I'm falling short is, my prayer life. I know for a fact that my days tend to go better when I start the morning off by sharing it with God. I think most of us will admit to this yet most of us don't take the time. I make take some time today away from the office just to go sit a talk with God. When I'm able to ride, I find a lot of time to talk to God but since having to stay off the bike, my time with the Big Guy has been abused.

I still haven't had (made) the time to join the gym. Work has just been a mad house. My gym bag has been in the car all week, but so far all it's done is sat there. Maybe today.

My evenings have been filled with my kids homework and working on my laptop. All the while the Democratic National Convention is on. Now I'm a Republican at heart and likely always will be, but both sides have their pros and cons. I hate taxes so Obama lost my vote there. I like health insurance and believe our older citizens shoulded be bombarded with health care costs. Medicare benefits should not be cut and the Republicans this year came very close to cutting benefits across the board. I like McCain in that he knows exactly what he stands for. Not that I agree with everything, but he doesn't flip flop like most politicians. He has frequently voted against the president and other republicans and that is something I admire. He is his own man and he's not afraid to say so. Barack, personally is a pansy, a showboat. He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk. He does whatever is popular. I'm not sure who is going to win. I couldn't stand Clinton, but the country was prosperous during his tenure. Though I believe it had nothing to do with him, but he had the luxury of being president during the dot.com boom. That would have made any president look good. I just pray that the country will be in good hands. I think as time goes on, we as a country fall farther away from our ideals and ethics. We always seem to learn the hard way. God will humble us. It's up to us to see how difficult we make it on ourselves.

No comments: