Friday, September 12, 2008

Back On Track

Well I'm slowly getting back on track. I spoke with my ortho the other night and he's allowing me to start back on the bike. I'm 37 years old and my doctor insisted that I have a complete physical, so at 9am this morning that's where I'll be. I haven't had one since playing high school sports so I have no idea what to expect.



As I mentioned, I've been allowed to slowly start pedaling again. I started last week by riding 10 minutes on the spinning bike at the gym. I think I'll continue down that road for a while. While at the gym I've been averaging about 300 situps along with a bunch of hamstring work. I sure hope over time that this will make a difference. Heck I'd be happy with that six pack I've never had.



On another note, I'm psyched about the return of Lance Armstrong. In fact, the day I heard about it, I renewed my subscription to Velo News and Cycle Sport. There are so many that are doubtful about his comeback, but I just don't see him losing. I'm anxious to see the change in the peloton. Nobody trains as hard as Lance and again I think we'll see the pay off. If anything though, it will make it much more fun to watch. You just know all the leaders from the last two years are crapping their pants. If they want to contend, they'll increase the intensity of their training. That or they'll get hammered by a 37 year old cancer survivor.


Anyway, gotta get back to work. Have a great day.

No comments: