Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Inspirations

I have found that it is so important to have those special people in your life that inspire you. Without these people it is so easy to find yourself in a rut.

Of course my wife and boys have their own special place in my heart and my life. My wife has a graceful way of pushing me to be my best. It's not so much in what she says but in the way she helps me approach lifes everyday challenges. My boys are like my miniature baseball team. They bring out the best in their coach. When you have young boys looking up to you, it's your responsibility to be at the top of your game. Whether you are or not is debatable but as long as they know youre giving it 100% then that is all that matters.
A few of my friends each have their own special place in my life as well. First there is CE. He has sort of become my "business advisor". If I've got a question involving my business, he always has a special way of getting his point across. He pushes me to be more and inspires me to push my business toward different avenues. I wish I made enough money to hire him but he's already making the big bucks. His knowledge of money and business is so impressive and the cool thing is, he's learned it on his own.
RH is my athletic inspiration. Now he is no star athlete but to see where he started and where he is today is truly impressive. I believe he is about to do is 5th Ironman Triathlon in November. When he first started competing, I believe he was about 180 pounds and very rarely rode a bike. Now he rides a better bike than me and is currently at 162 pounds. The cool thing about RH is that he is out there competing against himself. He's not worried about placing but rather in improving his own time. He manages to juggle running 5 Subway stores, teaches full time at Arizona State, and still finds time for his family and training. I'm jealous of his energy. Were the same age, but I don't think I could put in the hours he does. Even more impressive is that he is always in a good mood.


As I mentioned before, it's so important to have these inspirations in your life. I count my blessings everyday to be blessed with such a support crew.


Thanks for Reading

No comments: