Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Healthy (The Doc Says)

Well the physical went well. I was actually sort of nervous to have it done. You never know what they're going to find. He told me that I was one of the healthiest 37 year olds he knows. So I figured he's tell everyone that or he doesn't have very many 37 year old patients.

I had my thyroid levels checked and they look great. My TSH was .80 which is perfect. The range is from .34 to 4.82 but most people do best below 1. I was a bit worried that it was going to be high since I've been gaining weight, but obviously the weight gain is from my crappy diet.

The downside was that I had my cholesterol checked as well. My total cholesterol was 206 and my LDL was 133. Both of these are way too high. The cardiologist told me a year ago not to worry right now because my arteries looked great on the cardiac catheritization. My family doc though says I need to start bringing that number down. So from here, I guess I'll be eating less meat. In the long run it's a healthier diet anyway. My wife and I decided to by 1/2 a slab of local beef this year. It's free from steroids and antibiotics so hopefully it will be healthier for the whole family. A friend of ours raises black angus and had one steer left. So we took him up on his offer and bought one.

Well it's Monday and I should start working sometime soon. My back is already starting to bother me just sitting here so I've gotta get up and do something. Take Care, Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kyle Peck said...

I honestly have to say that in the last few months that I have been following your blog I have been totally impressed. I know you as a business man but have never really got to know you as an individual and how you feel about life. You are a great inspiration (for us fat men who are also 37). Its great to see that there are other men out there who love God and makes him a big part of their life. You continue to amaze me

Here is one of my favorite quotes

"Live your life in such a way that those who know you but do not know christ, will want to know christ because they know you"

This is so very true of you.

Thanks

PS Keep up the sit-ups and you might just have those abs haha