Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Only Tuesday.

I turn 40 years old in August. 40!!!!!!  That's half of 80 and twice as much as 20.  When I was a kid, I looked at 40 year olds as uhhhh sort of old. 

I actually don't have issues with turning 40.  The problem I do have though is I feel very tired.  We just got our little league pictures back yesterday and I even look tired.   What is up with that?  I just don't feel as good as I wish I did and I'm not sure how to get there.

I think one major factor is stress.  It's scientifically documented that stress is bad.  Bad on many levels.  Stress increases cortisol production, stress raises your blood pressure, and stress makes you tired!! I'm one of those people who feels bored without some sort of stress.  What I need to do is learn how to deal with it in a more affective and efficient way.  At the moment I don't have any answers.  Sure, I can do all the recommended things such as exercise, yoga, meditation, prayer, etc, but right now finding or should I say making time for that is very difficult. 

It's only Tuesday, and today I feel whipped.  My shoulders are killing me from throwing so much, my back hurts from who knows what, I've got major stomach issues, we have a ton going on at work and I'm doing my best to coach two baseball teams. It's very frustrating for me when I don't feel at the top of my game.  I want to coach with as much positive energy as I can.  I want to run my company and work with our patients in the most positive way possible, yet I struggle just to find the energy to do any of it. 

I told my wife yesterday that our family motto is gonna be 2C57. Better known as 2nd Corinthians 5:7.  Walk by faith, not by sight.  This is something I'm trying to work harder on.  Lately I feel like my faith or my focus on God has been put on the back burner.  This is not acceptable if I want to be 100% devoted to what I'm doing or what I want to do. 

I like to have a plan and right now I don't have one.  I really don't even know where to start.  Baby steps I guess.  So today, I'm going to try and work on a plan.  Life is way too short to be stressful and unorganized.  Life is way to short not to live every minute to the fullest.  Sure, we can say that work and everything else gets in the way, but I'm determined to change the way I deal with all this. 

I'll share my plan as soon as I come up with one.  Maybe then I'll feel a little more accountable to stick to it.  I'll be honest as well with my progress.  With that said, I have to get my butt in gear.  After all, it's only Tuesday:)


Have a great Super Day.

No comments: