Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh I'm tired.

This is gonna be far from a profession driven post, but what the heck.  I'm gonna pout and whine for a bit (not that it will do any good).

Do you ever feel like you have a million things going on, both physically and emotionally, have a ton of great friends around, and yet still feel alone to deal with it all? 

In the whole scheme of things, most of it is easily dealt with and really isn't a very big deal.  It's just when you pile those little things onto the bigger things, it just seems overwhelming at times.

Janelle's last day was last Friday.  She was way more to me than my right hand girl.  Janelle pretty much ran the place.  I was able to focus on all the little things while she made sure the day to day things were getting done.  Janelle was blessed with an amazing memory.  I could ask her the name of a patient that I saw 3 months ago and she would rattle it off in no time.  I could call her for anything and most often she had an answer.  She took the job home with her too.  Patient care was huge to Janelle.  She would always tell me that she would wake up in the middle of the night worried about something at work.  Usually it was something with documentation or something regarding a patient.   She had a heart of gold and I'm truly going to miss her. 

Lynda is taking her place and is doing a good job, but at the moment it's just going to take some time to learn everything.  Janelle has been with me from day one so it was much easier to learn everything as we grew.  Lynda on the other hand is coming in at a time when were very busy and have several hundred patients.  So for the mean time, I have to spend a lot more time in the office making sure insurances are correct, patients are getting the right supplies, and items are being billed correctly.  I have no doubt Lynda will be just fine, but like I said, it's a lot to learn so I just need to be patient and be sure she knows I'm behind her all the way.

The Ironhorse is coming up in less than a month and I'm not even close to being ready.  With work and coaching two little league teams, I just don't have the time or energy to ride.  I'm supposed to do a 70 mile ride tomorrow and I'm tired just thinking about it.  I've got work all day, then two little league games tonight, then need to come back to work to send claims.

I'm guessing this is gonna be how things are for at least the next 6 weeks.  I can only hope and pray for the best and keep plugging away. 

Well I'm done whining for now.  It really doesn't do me any good but writing it down sort of puts things into perspective.  Hope you all have a good Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if I can help out in any way man. That's what friends are for :)

Also one of my favorite quotes: "When life gets to hard to stand....kneel".