Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st Morning of Juice Diet


When a nutritionist friend of mine suggested that I have a glass of red wine every night for my cholesterol I knew it was an acquired taste.  Now I really enjoy my nightly glass of wine.  This juice thing though, is a whole other matter.  I worked in nursing homes back in my high school days and I know what pureed spinach looks like.  This idea of juicing all my fruits and vegetables is just a sugar coated way of saying "pureed". 

As I mentioned earlier, on my way home last night I stopped at the store and grabbed a bunch of vege's and fruits.  I had no rhyme or reason for what I bought, but I was hoping I could put things together in hopes of making them taste somewhat "tasteful". 

So this morning here's what I have in my bottles (I brought 3 different waterbottles full of pureed stuff)   My first combination in bottle number one is: 2 cucumbers, 3 apples, and 8 strawberries.  This one actually tastes pretty darn good.  When you think about it, when's the last time you ate that many fruits and vegetables in one sitting?  

Now my next two bottles, I can't say I'm really looking forward to.  They are the same mixture but I made enough to fill 2 waterbottles.  This will be my snack and my lunch.  Get this,,,,, 6 carrots, 2 celery stalks, and 2 bananas.   I sampled it as I poured it into the bottles and it's not too bad, but to stomach two bottles full could be pushing the limits of my stomach.  We shall soon see. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's gross huh I wonder what it's made out of