Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Has It Really Been That Long Since My Last Post

I'm entirely way too lazy to go back and see what I've recently wrote about so forgive me if I tend to repeat myself.  It's been a while since my last post and with a bunch of things going through my head and going on with work I'm just going to start my rambling. 

I have no idea how many people from this years weight loss challenge keep up with this blog, but a friend talked me into watching the documentary called, "Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead".   Having been very "nutritionally challenged" this summer, I was open to anything that would possibly motivate me to get my butt back in gear (I will say I ran a total of 8 miles in the last 4 days, and I despise running).  Being that I am such a frequent flyer at amazon.com, I found out that I was able to watch the show, free of charge, on line.  What an awesome program!!  I can't remember off hand how much weight this guy lost, but after watching the success stories, I was more than motivated.  On the way home from work, I stopped by the grocery store and bought a variety of fruits and vegetables.   The fruits I'm sure will be no problem, but the vegetables are going to be a different story.  I printed off a bunch of vegetable juicer recipes,  but I'm doubting my ability to make blended celery, tomatoes, or anything of the sort very appetizing.  My goal at first is to go 10 days with only juicing (and I'm not talking steroids here).  I'm anxious to see if my energy level goes up and I'm hoping as well to lose some of this chubby gut of mine.  Tomorrow morning will be the beginning of day one.  I'll be sure to let you know my progress. 

This morning while checking up on a few of the blogs that I like to read, I came across great write up on Faith.  I don't know if any of you had ever saw the program called "Quints by Surprise", a show on TLC about a family raising quintuplets, but the Ethan, the awesome father and husband is an excellent writer.  I haven't really followed his blog very much, but this one definitely caught my attention.  Click here if you want to read.  Not very long ago, a friend an I had a great conversation about faith, forgiveness, and what we think God wants from us.  I don't have permission to use any names, but this person's faith and steadfastness for her beliefs is just amazing.  I say this, wishing that when I spoke of my faith in Christ, I wish I could do it with the same confidence and conviction.   Don't get me wrong, I believe whole heartily in God.  I believe in  Greater Power watching over all of us.  It's just from there, I'm not sure what I believe.  I could talk about a million scenarios that go through this tiny pea brain of mine, but I won't bore you with my simple mind.  I just wish that God wouldn't make this "faith" thing so difficult sometimes.  If you get a chance, read Ethan's latest post.  His ability to put it all into words is very impressive.   Remember though that while your reading, he is not talking about his own marriage.  He's referring to someone close to him, but he makes it clear in his post script that the post is not about his own family nor his marriage. 

Work has been unbelievably busy.  I spent the weekend putting up bigger and better shelves for all of our inventory.  I'm hoping this will make us much more efficient when  putting our orders together.  And speaking of Faith (I know you don't start a sentence with "and" but hey, give me some slack), I pretty much have an entire new team to work with.  This is not a bad thing at all, in  fact I think God has blessed me with some of the best people to work with.   I honestly believe they have the interest of the company at heart.  I love the way they interact with patients and their ability to go above and beyond as really impressed me.  My goal now is grow the best we can while keeping team morale high.  My drivers work their tails off and I've got to find some creative ways to keep from burning them out.  It's a hard job and sometimes a very tedious and repetitious one.  I've been in their shoes and will not take them for granted.   Without the entire team working together and respecting the work of fellow employees, we will fail in our ability to grow effectively.  We are no longer the small company with 3 employees.  We've tripled our size in just 2 years.   It's up to me to manage that growth so that things go smoothly and patient care is never compromised.  I'm more exited about our future now more than ever.  Except for all the medicare cuts, we've got the potential to be better and better. 

My back is getting tired of sitting here and I'm just about wore out for the day so I'm gonna call it a night.  Sorry for the delay in posting.  I'll do my best to post more often, I just can't guarantee that it will be very exciting to read. 

No comments: