Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shave those hairy twigs you call legs.

I'm hesitant to post this but I was offered a huge amount of money to do it (10 bucks). 

Why do we cyclist shave our legs?   I could give you the aerodynamic reason, that it cuts down on wind resistance.  The problem with that is I don't go fast enough to make that much of a difference.

Then there is the massage issue.  This one does make sense.   It's much easier to massage smooth skin then trying to rub all that hairy crap.   If I could afford a massage a day I'd be all over this excuse. 

Crashing.  This one does apply to me.  The ability to keep road rash clean is so much easier with no hair on your legs.  I know this one first hand as my last couple of races (years ago) I crashed.  One time no big deal, the next time I broke my hand.   Either way, it's much more sanitary when the legs are smooth and your trying to keep wounds clean.

Probably the best excuse (except in my case) is that it just looks better.  Spandex and hairy legs just don't mix.  It's like the hairy guys at Disney Land that wear tank tops.  The two just don't mix.   Most cyclist have very defined muscular quads (if I could get quad and calf implants I would) and shaved legs just make them look even better.  Wish I could use this excuse. 

So really............I have no excuse...............

So here ya go:   If you have a weak stomach I would skip this post as these pictures even disgust me. 

Here's the legs prior to shaving.  Oh and one thing hair does......hides the white:)


We'll do one leg at a time.  Always easiest to cut the fur with electric trimmers first.  Otherwise I would run out of hot water and plug up my septic. 

 One leg down. Don't say a word about the little girl calves. Even my wife makes fun of me. 



And now you have the very prickly version of white legs.   Sure hope you didn't just eat. 
Even I laugh when I see how small those ankles are. 

So there you have it.  In less than 30 minutes theyre are smooth as silk:) (there goes the gay side again).  Oh ya, the conditioner advice................works great:) 

You know what's even more pathetic..................I actually took pictures of this process. 

No comments: