Monday, June 16, 2008

Back On The Bike

It's been about 3 weeks since I've ridden and it was a nice break. After the cancellation of the IronHorse I felt a little burned out. Not to mention my back was creating havoc with my legs. I've since started seeing an awesome chiropractor and he's got me feeling pretty good again.

Bike The Bluff
The first annual Bike the Bluff road race was held on Saturday. It was two laps through the towns of Lakeside and Show Low totalling about 34 miles. It wasn't a sanctioned race but it brought some pretty fast riders to our little town. Having not ridden and considering the leg pain I had been having, my goal was to hang with the lead pack through the first lap. Suprisingly I held on through the whole thing and ended up 9th out of I believe 89 riders. It was a short race but we average 25 mph for the 34 miles and it was a warm 90 degrees. I was amazed at how many riders (including myself) cramped on the last little climb to the finish. It was a nice motivator to get me back in the saddle.

The Commuting Begins
Little League is over and my "freedom" begins once again. At $4.00 a gallon, I'm going to see how many days (before it snows) I can ride to work. I'm amazed at how many trucks I still see hot rodding down the road, though I am seeing more Toyota Prius' than ever before. The only down side to riding my bike (not really) is that I usually stop at the drive thru coffee place to get my daily Chai Latte, my sugar fix for the day.

Expecting
Well my wife and I found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting our third (and final :) ) child. The only downside is that we live in a 2 bedroom house. We like our 1 acre which is becoming scarce around here so we're planning on building an addition in the very near future. Now we just have to figure out a way to pay for it. God will provide. I'll just keep it in prayer and not worry about it.

Pull my Butt out of the Gutter
I've noticed lately that I haven't been the cheerful self that I usually am. No particular reason, just busy and tired (who isn't). I need to start practicing what I preach. God has been truly good to me so I need to just enjoy everything going on around me. I'm blessed with a super family, a great business, awesome friends........... I've got to quit taking life so seriously. Have fun!!!!! Smile!!!! Go fishing!!!!!!
The stress of life will always be there. Don't dwell on it. I'm not a drinker but my wife said there was beer in the fridge. A good way to end a long day. See ya.




1 comment:

Boz said...

Great job on the non-race race. 9th out of 89 is awesome. Sounds like a little rest is a good thing.

God will most certainly provide you with everything you need!!