Monday, June 23, 2008

The Kid Has a Road Bike

I have been looking all over for a road bike for my nine year old. Everywhere I looked seemed to be out of stock. Then about a month ago the owner of our local bike shop called to let me know that he opened an account with Felt. This is one of the few companies that makes a 24 inch road bike. He didn't even have to talk me into it, I ordered it right then and there. It's such a cool little bike. My son loves it. It doesn't have top of the line components so the shifting is a bit rough but for now it will do.

Last weekend was my sons first "long" ride. He did 20 miles. It wasn't a fast 20 but he did it with no complaints at all of being tired. In fact when we got home he told me that he wanted to go farther on the next ride. So this Saturday he added 10 miles to his earlier 20. We rode from our house to McNary with is a total of 30 miles round trip. Again, he didn't complain once about being tired, but I could tell when we got home that he was pretty tuckered out.

Here's Ryan at the entrance to McNary. This town was booming when I was kid but is now a town with very little left.



This is an old barn on the way to McNary that I've been wanting to get a picture of but have never had my camera.


Here's Ryan at the small store in McNary. Anticipating the 15 mile ride back home.

1 comment:

Boz said...

Congratulations Ryan! Great ride and those are some good mileages to be putting up. I'm sure you'll be putting Dad in the pain zone soon enough.