Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life Coming Back to Normal

It's been a real good week. Little League is over so my evenings are free. I've got sort of a new focus on riding, and the funny thing is, I'm enjoying being at work. In fact, I'm loving it. Really for no certain reason except that I don't feel rushed. I'm not riding as much right now and that's ok. It's not the racing season that I had originally planned but, again I feel good about it. In fact after looking at the remaining races for the year, it doesn't look like I'll make any of them. I got in a 90 minute ride this morning which was a great way to start the day. My wife has been riding most mornings so that leaves me with mostly evenings. Since she's the pregnant one and her time on the bike is going to be limited, I figured it best to let her go when she can.

I'm not being a total slacker though. I signed up for the Colorado Rocky Mountain Tour today. I've done the Bicycle Tour of Colorado for several years and have really enjoyed it. The CRMT is only in it's second year so I'm not sure what to expect but the route looks great. So for now, my only goal is to be in shape for the tour. I feel a bit selfish going by myself but, a part of me thinks it's important to take a break from everyday life. This will actually be the first time I've been away from my family for any length of time, in I believe 7 years.

It's nice not having anything on my plate per say. School starts super early this year, I believe it's the first week of August. So my goal for July is just to spend as much time with my wife and boys as I can. We're going to park our camp trailer up at Horseshoe Lake for the month of July. It's about a 40 minute drive from our house but with gas prices the way they are, it will be a nice convenient way to get away.

I guess that's about it for now.
Thanks for Reading.

1 comment:

Boz said...

Sounds like my summer flat spot. I've ridden little the past 3 weeks. I'm racing tonight and then taking another 2 weeks off while we're in Europe. Enjoy your family, work, and life.