Sunday, June 8, 2008

Falling off the Wagon

Since getting back from the IronHorse, I've ridden a total of two times. One 20 mile ride and one 30 mile ride. We've got our local 1st annual Bike the Bluff race next weekend and I can't really say I'm prepared.

Spending five months preparing for one race is not very smart. I wish I would have found some races to do before the IronHorse. All I can figure is that I'm a little burned out right now. I've been having problems with my lower back lately which has only added to the frustation. I've got two bulgings discs which seem to inflame if I spend a lot of time climbing. They cause my left leg to cramp and tire quickly and so far I haven't found relief.

This is the last week of little league so I'm going to start commuting to work starting on Friday. I can't do it right now as I've got a car full of baseball gear that I have to carry. I'm going to lay off of the serious training for now and just try to enjoy the bike. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to ride hard, but I'm not going to follow any sort of plan.

My diet has sort of gone to crap and I'm hoping tomorrow to get back to eating good. I can sure feel the difference when I eat better. I've mentioned this before but you really can't look at it as a diet but actually a lifestyle change. I think it will be easier to stick to that way.

Anyway, I think that's about it for now.

Thanks for Reading

No comments: