Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Give

I believe that we as human beings are put here to be selfless, to step out of our comfort zones and make a difference in the lives around us. I was helping my son with his homework the other night and read something that really caught my attention. I'm not even sure of the subject, it was either Bible or World History. The question had something to do with man's greatest downfall in the "eyes of God". The answer, sure it was written by a human but I have to agree, was selfishness. Humans are the most selfish of all God's creation. Everyone is out for themselves. Just look around, can you really argue with this idea?

We as humans need to work on the quality of our relationships. Do you ever just lend an ear and honestly just sit and listen. No advice, no comments, just sit and listen. People need an ear, they need a shoulder, don't be afraid to give it. Give up 5 minutes of your precious time and just sit there and listen.

Do you ever just watch people and wonder what's going on in their lives? Do they look like they have it all? Do they look like they have no problems in the world? I used to think so. No matter how tough, how weak, how rich or how poor, everyone has something going on. Maybe they have issues with they're parents, with they're spouse, or with they're friends. Over the years as I've been blessed to have people share so much with me, I find that we all have something going on that we wish we could change. Nobody has it all. They may act like they do, but so far I've yet to see it. Everybody needs someone. As I mentioned in my loneliness post (that I later deleted), people need love, they need compassion. Whether its a spouse, a parent, a child, a friend.... we all need someone. A selfless someone. In such a selfish world, can you imagine how much better things would be if each of us would just give a little more?

No comments: