Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So Much Going On

Sorry it's been so long between posts.  As I've mentioned before, I've switched accreditation organizations so I've been working a lot on meeting and hopefully going above their standards.  It's a tedious process and one that takes a bunch of time but once were caught up and all my staff is on the same page, we'll be good to go.

Little league started about 2 weeks ago and our major team had their first game last night.  In two weeks, between two teams, I've had 14 practices.  I was definitely ready for the games to begin.  We lost 5 to 7 but I thought the boys did a really good job. They held on to the lead up until the last inning.  Our starting pitcher had used up his 85 pitches and after we had to pull him, things started to go down hill.  All in all though, I was proud of their effort.  We have 9 new players that have never played majors before.  Nerves are always an issue at the beginning of the season.  Hopefully the boys will only grow and improve through the season. 

I have my first minor league game tonight.  My 8 year old Coby is truly an impressive little player.  He excels at any positon I have him at and looks to be one of our better pitchers.   I'm really proud of how hard he works.  Coby's only problem is that he is a perfectonist.  If he's having a bad game, he really gets down on himself.   This is an issue with my two best players.  My goal by the end of the season is to teach them to take the bad with the good.  They will hopefully understand that a positive attitude will reward them with much more success than a pouty one. 

Newell and I went for a 50 mile ride yesterday.  The guy was definitely feeling good as every hill we went up, he was determined to make it hurt.  My back survived the first 25 fairly well, but the last 25 was painful.  I had to stop a couple of times to stretch it just to make sure I was going to make it home.  When we approached the climb at the base of the Whiteriver Hill, Newell had the grand idea of timing ourselves up it.  Who am I to turn down such a painful idea.   I haven't timed myself up this climb for a few years and have no idea what my old record once was.  I thought it was under 23 minutes but can't remember.  Well I'm much slower now.  Newell did it in 24 minutes and I did it in 28:59 (28:59 sounds better than 29:) )   I've got lots of room to improve and hope and pray with all this stretching, my back will survive the summer. 

I've got to get ready to go see some patients in Whiteriver.  Hope you all have a great day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not a bad time for an old fart. Enjoyed the ride.