Thursday, April 28, 2011

How Small We Are

I'm not even really sure how to start this post.  I'm hoping most of you have been keeping up with Ronan's Blog.  His mom, Maya, usually posts at night, but as of 10pm Arizona time, she hadn't posted yet.   I checked my phone before going to bed and she still hadn't posted anything.   The first thing I did when I woke this morning was look at my phone to see what emails I had (normally I'm not this OCD about looking at my phone, but for some reason, I really wanted an update on Ronan). 

My two year old Keevan was sleeping next to me as I read the news.  The title, "Life's no way to treat an Animal", I knew something was up.  Then the first sentence............They were told that the MIBG  treatment would not help Ronan.  My heart sank.  As I lay next to my beautiful little boy, this family is preparing for the worst.  I'm not sure what other options they have or what options are out there, but from Maya's post, things didn't sound good.  If you have ever saw pictures of this little boy, he is such a little angel.  His blue eyes are like none you have ever seen.   Newell and I were just talking about something like this on our ride the other day.  I am a man that believes whole heartedly in God, but if something ever happened to any of my boys, Im not sure where my faith would go.  Bad things like this aren't supposed to happen to little kids.  They are the innocent ones.  It's our kids that get us through tough times.  As with Maya and Woody, my kids are my life.  Everything I do, I do for them.  My thoughts, my prayers, and my heart go out to this family.  As a dad, I can only imagine the pain that Woody is feeling.  The helplessness, the struggle,.............I just can't even come close to knowing. 

This just goes to show that no matter how in control of something we may feel, we are really never fully in control.  In the end, we are powerless.  All we have is the spirit to fight and do our best to move forward.

I've got lots to say, yet I feel speechless.  Please keep the Thompson family in your thoughts and prayers.  Know that no matter what you may be going through today, if you have your family and your health, you should ask nothing more. 

No comments: