Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to the Real World

Well we're on our way back from San Diego. Actually we arrived in Phoenix about 8pm last night. What a drive. There's definitely not too much to look at on interstate 8. I can't say I'm really ready to be home yet. I was just starting to like the whole vacation idea. Get this......I bought myself a long board and I say this with all the humility in the world............I was pretty damn good at it:)   I've never been a skate boarder but this thing is fun. I'm nowhere near "great" on the thing, but so far I haven't busted my rear on it (at least so far).  I want to be really good at it so I'm going to find some cool down hill roads when I get home.   The boys and I even skated in the hotel parking lot up until almost midnight.  Totally dude!!:)  

The beach was relaxing, but when you have a very independent 3 year old, those relaxing times are few and far between.  Ryan and I spent all day Tuesday in the water.  What a blast.  I do have a not so pleasant item to share with you though.  Not sure if any of you know, but a lot of male runners and triathletes put band aids over their nipples to keep from chafing.  I never thought much about it.  Now, I'm in water that I'm guessing is about 58-62 degrees.  Not warm at all.  Cold water = perky nipples (there's you something to ponder:) )   Perky nipples don't go well with a wet swim shirt.  I didn't have access to band aids at the time so by the end of the day it felt as though someone had rubbed sandpaper all over my nipples (is nipples a proper term to be blogging about?)    They were super sore!!  Even putting on a dry shirt made me want to climb the walls.  All in all though, minus the sore boobies, the water was a blast.  The ocean is so awesome!!. 

I'll touch a little more about everything else we did later, but driving in this car and texting this on my phone is making me nauseous.  Oh one more thing............

Remember earlier I said there were beautiful people all over the place in San Diego.......well when you arrive in Phoenix and step foot in one of the malls............bye bye pretty people. Now I'm not trying to be mean here. Arizona people aren't ugly by any means, but tank tops and belly shirts should be left for those that were meant to wear them. There's a reason all my shirts are full length, my pants have a belt, and my shirts have sleeves.  Again, I'm not passing judgement on anyone (or at least not trying to), but let's leave the skimpy tight clothing to those with the bodies that do the clothing justice.

Oh and it was 70 degrees when we left San Diego. Only to arrive in Phoenix with the thermometer saying 107!!!!! Who lives in a place like that!!!!???

Well were going through Heber now and it says 71 degrees. Almost home!!!  Oh and I'm going skating tomorrow:)   Totally gnarly dude:)   (honestly I never heard one person say anything like that while in Cali) 

Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: