Monday, August 1, 2011

Boy do I stick out

We finally made it to sunny California. As soon as we got here we unloaded our luggage into this cool little "bungalow" that we rented. When I say little, I mean very little, but it works for me. The boys were anxious to get in the water so they all piled on their swim gear and we took the 100yd walk to the beach.
This is where some redneck (although in denial) starts to realize he's out of his element. First, had my 12 year old not talked me into wearing my never worn pair of flip flops, I would have been the only guy wearing both socks and tennis shoes. Note: my major white feet and ankle tan line from my cycling socks make me look like I just got off the "hey I'm not from here" boat.
2nd, I've got cargo shorts on. Heelloooo Mcfly!!!! Where are the board shorts?!! Oh ya, in the suit case. I'm learning as I go.
Next, these people have gorgeous skin! Dark, tan, and smooth. Just the very dang opposite of little white boy from Arizona. These people are beautiful, dark,tan......oh ya I already said that, what I meant to say is that most of the women are beautiful and the guys are buff! I now know what they mean by the term "beachbody", and I know for sure I don't have one. I'm 40 yearls old (almost) and the only tan I have is from my mid thighs to my ankles and from my shoulders to my finger tips. Anything else is likely to be as white as it was the day I was born, maybe even whiter. Odds are that when I head back to Arizona, my tan lines will be in the exact same spots:).
Ill share some more later about the neighborhood (u know your in california when........). But its almost 11pm and I'm wore out. Looking forward to my first full day of vacation tomorrow. Good night.
Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: