Monday, August 1, 2011

Just Left Yuma

Well we just left Yuma. Not a moment too soon cuz I can't stand the heat. It's 104 right now. We were just walking out of Target and I heard a little girl tell her mom "mom, it's hot" and the mom says, "it's not hot yet, wait till next month". Are you kidding me??!!

Something else that takes a whole new light is the huge expansion of land that the border patrol is responsible for. This is just nuts! All you see is sand every where you look. Oh and the thermometer now says 106. Ok I know I sound like a guy that doesn't get out much, which is pretty much true, but I've never seen so much friggin sand. I haven't been through Yuma since my uncle graduated from Marine Corp. boot camp in 1977. I was 6 years old!! Wow! I am getting old!!! I'm sorry but I'll take pine trees any day of the week.

Ok just crossed another border patrol checkpoint. I've got to rant for just a second. We can send 90 million dollars to China yet these guys are asked to work in 106 degree heat in order to keep us safe. Our
priorities are so jacked. Ill leave this for another blog but it pisses me off how our military is often treated like second class by Washington and our lovely bureaucrats.

Ok done with the rant for now. Gonna sit here and watch the desert go by. Looking forward to the ocean.
Rusty-------Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: