Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is it really Monday

Wow!! Is it really Monday already? Not quite, but in about 4 hours it will be. I could really use a few more days added to this weekend. So much to do yet so little time to get it done. Yesterday (Saturday) was pretty uneventful. I spent the majority of the day cutting and threading gas lines. We had a propane furnace put in 2 years ago and I've yet to finish running the gas lines to it. Honestly, I've never had the luxury of just moving a switch to get heat. Even in college I had a wood stove. Other then the inconvenience when your out of town and coming home to a cold house, I have no problems with having just the wood stove for heat. I've heard though that banks will not give you a loan if wood is your primary source heat. Hmmmm, go figure.

Like I said, Saturday was uneventful. Sunday on the other hand was a great day. It started with waking to such a beautiful morning. After the hard rain last night, the morning dew and cooling cloud cover just made for the best morning. I got up early,(well early for a Sunday) headed to StarBucks for my Cinnamon Dulce Latte, then headed to the office for a few hours (ok I know its Sunday, but my grandma always told me that if the ox is in the ditch, you are expected to get him out. I'm unable to keep up with paperwork while only working 5 days a week, so basically my ox is in the ditch all the time).

After pretty much just moving piles of paper from one place to another, I decided it was time to spend some time with my boys. First came Ryan. We decided to go find some fresh pavement and downhills to expand our skills on the longboards. Oh my gosh what a blast. First we did the paved trail along the Pinetop Country Club. That quickly became quite the workout so we headed over to Rim Road which has some pretty good pavement and some good hills. Now this was fun. Much faster and not as much work getting back to the top of the hill. We rode for about 2 hours then headed to McDonalds for a quick bite to eat. After eating, we went back for another hour of boarding. My legs were shot but what a great time.

As soon as I got home, my 8 year old hit me up for a game of catch. So we grabbed the gloves and played catch for about an hour. I always slack off after little league season, but it always feels good to throw a baseball around. Minus the dent we put in my wife's expedition, it was all a good time:).

Then walks out little 2 year old Keevan. Kneepads, elbow pads, a catchers mask, and a bat. "Daddy I pitch today" is what he proceeds to tell me. So for my final activity of the day, I attempted to get my two year old to hit some wiffle balls. What an awesome little boy. Out of about 30 pitches, I think he hit a total of 3. Not once though did he ever want to stop. His daddy gave out before he did.

I couldn't ask for a better day. What I wouldn't do to have more just like it. Being that tomorrow is Monday, I can only expect work work work and I'll come home to homework,homework, and more homework. All to continue for the next 5 days. I'm already looking forward to next weekend (my birthday, Dear God I'm gonna be 40).

No comments: