Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday again???

Is it really Monday already???  I need one more day added to the weekend.   Saturday was really pretty unproductive, but yesterday I kicked some butt updating our policies and procedures.   My goal is to be finished by the end of November so that my staff and I can go over all of them and make sure we are compliant and are doing everything we need to be doing.  After that, I will submit them all to our accreditation organization then all we can do is be as prepared as possible for our unannounced survey. 

The only thing that stinks about this whole accreditation thing is that no matter how good you are or how good the company is doing, if it's not on paper, then it's assumed that you didn't do it.  My guys going the extra mile for a patient is not something we document.  It's become a "cover your ass" world.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but it sucks that this is what our world as come down to.  Document this, document that, prove it, prove it, prove it.  

No longer can a doctor just write a prescription ordering a product.  Now he has to send us a ton of paperwork proving why the patient needs it.  So what that the guy was turning blue in the doctor office, prove to me why he needs oxygen and justify why they guy is blue.  This is the kind of crazy stuff we have document. 

A few months ago I had to prove why I provided a power chair to a quadriplegic.  I must have sent 30 pages to medicare justifying why this guy couldn't use a manual wheelchair.  C'mon people, at least use common sense when it comes to auditing claims. 

What's crazy though is that with all the crazy bureaucracy and hoops we have to jump through, I can't see myself doing anything else.  It's sometimes pretty stressful, but most of the time the difference you are making easily counter balances the crap we have to deal with.

On the weight loss note, first, no I haven't lost a friggin pound.  Second, I'm now officially as round as I am tall.  I finally bit the bullet and went bought pants size 34x34.  In college I wore 29 x 36.  I'm shrinking and expanding!! 

I picked up the new TV and DVR on Saturday which will go in the suite next to us.  I'm going to offer to all of those that participate in the challenge this year, an opportunity so set up their bike on a trainer as well as join in the Insanity workouts in the evenings.  Working out is definitely more fun with a group.

Oh and speaking of working out, I get this text from Newell this weekend asking me to do the Leadville 100 with him.  First of all, 100 miles on a mountain bike is just plain torture.  Second,  my back barely tolerates 20-30 miles on a road bike.  They say that 100 miles on a mountain bike is about equivalent to 200 on a road bike.  That's just crazy!!  Even Lance says this is one of the hardest races he has ever done.  All that said, I let him put my name in the hat.  I figured it would motivate me to hit the back rehab a little harder.  Now I just hope and pray they don't draw our names:).

Well I need to get some work done.  Hope you all have a great day.

No comments: