Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seth

If anyone knows me, they know my kids are my everything.  Everything I do is typically in one way or another for them.  99% of the time, I never ever take them for granted (the other 1% is when they are driving me crazy). 

A few posts ago, I said to hug your kids today as you never know what tomorrow will bring.  I'm sure at some point in everyone's life, we ask God, why??   You look at little kids like Ronan and wonder, what is God's plan with this.  I'm sure you're wondering where I'm going with this......

Newell has given me permission to mention him so I'm taking this opportunity to do so.  Over the last year or two, Newell has become one of the best friends I've ever had.  We don't get to see each other very much, nor do we talk very much, but when we do it's an amazing conversation.  Whether it be about work, family, beliefs, opinions, whatever it may be, I leave the conversation in deep thought. 

I invite you to read a little of his blog then please keep him and his family in your prayers.  http://shamelesscyclist.blogspot.com/  is a brief story of what's going on with his kids.  I don't want to give false information or overstep my bounds, but even as I type this I get teary eyed thinking about it.  Imagine yourself, going to be every night wondering..........wondering what's next.  His blog doesn't even come close to showing what he's really going through.   Him and I have great talks about faith and God's role in this whole thing.  All I can say is that Newell has been the best example of Faith to me.  Break time....gotta take a walk for a few...........................

Does Seth go through this so that people like me can see God's work?   So that people like me are taught to be better, to expect more of ourselves, to live each day making a difference in the lives of others.  As usual I have no answers, like the rest of you, I can only assume.  

At the end of the day, most of us go to bed knowing that tomorrow is just going to be "another" day.  Newell doesn't have this luxury, tomorrow isn't something he takes for granted.   Please please please, when your head hits that pillow tonight, have Newell, his wife, and his kids in your thoughts and prayers. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Rusty. You are amazing. I have plenty of people ask how Seth is doing, but I know when you ask, it comes from your compassionate charity filled heart. As Paul said in Corinthians , charity is the the greatest thing we can obtain in this life. Without it, we are essentially nothing. Having friends like you are a God send! Having friends like you help me and my family get through the tough times.