Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a Night

Well it was a bit more of an interesting evening than I would typically like.  We're starting to run low on Oxygen Concentrators and with a 4 day holiday coming up I didn't want to risk being low on machines.  I was planning a last minute trip to Phoenix last night and as I was walking out the door I get a text from Michael.  Michael is one of my drivers and I depend on him a lot.  The guy is a working machine and always gives me 110%.   Looking at my phone it says, "Me and Tracy were just in a bad accident on our way to ER".

Ok, first I can't believe the guy was coherent enough to send me the text.  You have to know Michael.  He's a cowboy from Montana and when I say cowboy, this guy is the real deal.  From riding fence line while running cattle to sleeping every night in a bunk house.  The guy is just plain tough.  Before walking out the door, my wife was just getting home and says she just passed the accident and said it looked pretty bad. 

Apparently Michael was approaching the left hand turn lane (heading east) getting ready to turn left into Maverick gas station.  Coming the other direction, through the intersection, a young girl swerves directly into the turn lane (there is no reason to turn left coming from the west) and head on into Michael.   Michael later tells me that all he saw on his right was an Expedition with kids so he had no option  to swerve without possibly hurting those kids, so his truck took the full impact of the oncoming car. 

When I get to emergency room there are ambulances and fire trucks all over the place.  I didn't have to wait long before they let me in to see him.  The guy is lying there with a neck brace on texting on his phone:).  Front two teeth shattered the guy was rock solid (i'll post pics once I have permission).  All he was worried about was his wife who at the time I got there was having a CT scan done to check for any internal injuries. 

I just received a text from Michael and he says he feels like he got kicked in the face by a horse:).  I responded that he looks like he was kicked in the face by one.  Apparently Tracy didn't sleep well and is in a lot of pain.

Christy just let me know that she was able to get Michael in to see a dentist today (Thank you David Halls).  Maybe he'll be pretty again by Thanksgiving. :)   

Anyway, I'll keep you all informed as I learn more.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.  If anyone knows of an inexpensive truck for sale, please let me know. 

No comments: