Monday, April 1, 2013

Awesome Weekend

What an awesome weekend.   Super busy, but had a great time.  My brother and his family had come over from Cottonwood to spend the weekend while also celebrating his 11 year old son's birthday.

There was no downtime on Saturday.  The day began with a little bit of yard work, then off to the last Saturday of Little League tryouts.   I thought that being the last day that there would be a million kids there, but there weren't.   The numbers sure have been way down over the last couple of years.  This was also the first year that I can remember that both tryouts were sunny and warm.  When is that last freak storm going to hit?  

After tryouts, we all met up with my brothers family at the bowling alley.  What a blast.   Much better then the Wii, but I think most of us have much better luck playing on the Wii then we did playing the real thing.    I do have to brag a little though, in one game I completely had luck on my side and bowled 5 strikes in a row (then I completely sank after that).  

It was about 4:00 when we finished bowling.  It was going to be a rushed evening as we were going to have a birthday spaghetti dinner at my brothers then Christy and I wanted to make it to the Easter Eve service at church.  So that's what we did.  While the boys stayed at my brothers house to play, Christy and I headed to   The Church.   Couldn't ask for a better way to end the evening.

Then came Easter!!!  I don't think Easter has ever meant so much to me as it has this year.  I've never really taken the time to think about the Miracle that happened on this day.   How a perfect God in human form could give His life for so many of us who hardly deserve it.  Would you ever even offer to give the life of any of your children for any of those around you?  I can flat out say, I wouldn't.

To make dad happy, everyone was dressed and ready on time for church.  This was our Church's inaugural Sunday service so we really had no idea what to expect as far as turn out.   I had hoped and prayed that the turnout would be outstanding and it was excellent.    Church was awesome.  The music was awesome, the message was awesome, the people were awesome.  I'm glad the dim the lights during the music because the tears can certainly fall.  Music sure is a powerful tool when it comes to bringing out the emotions.   Everything in life is good and I'm so thankful for all of it.   Work, Family, Friends, I'm blessed all around.

This was supposed to be our gangster look:)  Not too good at looking "Bad"!  I think my wife looks the toughest (in her dress and all) :)


After church, we headed to my brothers to join family and friends for our annual Easter Fest.  Food and Games and Friends.  Frisbee, KanJam, baseball, etc, and lots of food.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  

Hoping everyone else had just as much fun this weekend.  While back to the grind, let us walk the walk we are meant to.   Keeping God out front and trusting Him to guide our every step.

Have a great day!!!!














No comments: