Tuesday, January 15, 2008

100%

Did you catch tonights episode of The Biggest Loser? The one thing I noticed with a few of the participants was their ability to make excuses. Who got kicked off?? The one making the most excuses.

There's one thing I really love listening to and reading, motivational talks!!! Vince Lombardi was by far one of the best, "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. " It doesn't matter what you are doing, whether it is your job, exercise, riding your bike, cleaning your house, if your not going to give it 100% then why bother doing it?

I've coached little league for the past 7 years. I don't care if we lose by 50 points (well I do but you get the point) as long as each kid out there gives 100% of themselves. And only they know in their heart if they are giving a true 100%. It's a lot to ask 9-10 year old ball players, but with time you can see the difference in their efforts. This is true in everything we do. So many people are happy with mediocre. Remember that old Army commercial, Be All You Can Be. Why not???? Why settle for anything less?

Back to losing weight..... We're on day 15 of the challenge so far. If you haven't lost a pound, ask yourself if you've done everything you can to succeed at losing weight. I weighed again the other day and was still at 177 pounds. I've been riding, pretty much sticking to my diet, and I hadn't lost anything. The key word there was "pretty much". After quitting coffee and getting sick of tea, I started drinking hot chocolate, it's a much smoother drink than tea and it's not coffee. Heck, I might as well just swallow 3 tablespoons of sugar. Simple sugar is going to change to fat just as quick as a big mac. So I ask myself, am I giving this diet 100% effort. We'll I'm back to tea and lots of water. I know for a fact when I weigh next week, I will be lower than 177. And I promise, I won't even use my "thyroid problem" as an excuse :)

So if you are reading this, if your working toward something, ask yourself if you are giving it all you can give. As Vince put it, "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. "

ps: if you are part of the weight loss challenge. Quit the sugar and high fructose corn syrup!!! Do something that gets your heart rate up for at least an hour. You will be happy with the results.

Thanks for Reading.

No comments: