Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another Good Early Season Ride

It was 29 degrees when we started but we were able to get in a good 2 1/2 hour ride today. We started at the Show Low City Park and headed out towards Clay Springs. It would have been beautiful had the wind not been blowing but as usual anything beats riding the trainer. There were four of us today. One even being my wife. She's going to be a powerhouse come springtime. I can't fill her in on too many training tips, otherwise she'll be kicking my butt. Although it was just a spinning ride, she flew up the climbs. It was a good day except for the idiot in me, didn't charge the new Garmin that I was all excited to use, needless to say it was dead at the start.

It's hard to believe that just 6 days ago this is what the weather looked like: Below is the view from my office window on Monday.

Here's the road in front of our house. Thank goodness the roads were totally clear today. No complaints with the snow though. It makes for a much nicer spring, especially come fire season.


It's supposed to be nice upcoming week so hopefully no trainer rides this week. We'll see.

Thanks for reading

No comments: